Born at Friedrichshafen, Lake of Constance, Germany, married, two daughters (born 2015 and 2018).
Head of the Junior Research Group DIPART, University of Duisburg-Essen, NRW School of Governance since February 2018
- Oct-2013 PhD in Political Science Dissertation Thesis: “Governing with the Media. Implications of Mediatisation on the Government Communication of the German Bundesregierung 1982-2010” (written in German).
- Research Associate at the University of Trier, Comparative Politics 2009-2018.
- 04-2009 – 09-2012 Research assistant in the project on „Parties and Poverty“ within the framework of the Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 600 „Strangeness and Poverty“; funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG) at the University of Trier.
- 05-2008-03-2009 Lecturer at the University of Wuerzburg, Comparative Politics and Sociological Theory.
- 01-2008 Graduation as Magister Artium in Political Science, Philosophy and Sociology at the University of Wuerzburg Master thesis entitled “Changes of the external communications from Schröder to Merkel” (written in German).
Service to the Profession
- Associated Editor of Political Research Exchange (PRX);
- Member of the Book Series Editorial Board „Politics in the Digital Society“, transcript.
- Co-Editor of the Book Series “Network Research”, transcript.
- Member of the Programmatic Board of the Center for Advanced Internet Studies (CAIS), Bochum;
- Internet Histories (IH);
- Journal for Policy Advice (ZPB);
- International Journal of Strategic Communication (IJSC);
- Zeitschrift für Politikwissenschaft (ZPol);
- German Political Science Quarterly/Politische Vierteljahresschrift (PVS)}